Are you new to electronics and wondering where to start from? On this page, you’ll find a roadmap to take you on a step by step journey from being a complete beginner to being an electronics ninja. We’ve tried to organize the content in an order and logical manner as much as possible and have grouped them into three broad categories.
You don’t have to strictly follow the lessons in order. You can learn only what you need to build a particular project. However, sometimes you will find out that understanding a certain concept requires you to have some knowledge in another concept. In that case, you can always jump and learn what you need to learn and come back to where you were.
Here are our categories:
- This category covers both basic and intermediate concepts in electronics which you may need in order to start building.
- This category covers tutorials on how to use the most common electronic components, sensors and generally parts that we stock. You’ll learn how they work and how to use them in a circuit.
- This category covers many fun and interesting projects in electronics, Arduino, Raspberry Pi and more.
In this section, you’ll discover many of the concepts you need to understand in order to start building stuff. The tutorials in this section link to well-written guides on each of the subjects on Sparkfun.
In this section, you’ll learn about many of the components used in electronics, how they work and how you can use them in circuits.
Sensors & Actuators
- Light Dependent Resistor (LDR)
- PIR Motion Sensor
- Temperature Sensor
- Soil Moisture Sensor
- Temperature & Humidity Sensor
- Gas Sensor
- Ultrasonic sensor
- Infrared Obstacle Avoidance Sensor
- Current Sensor
- Voltage Sensor
- Colour Sensor
- Liquid Crystal Display